Offline Dictionary Apps are very useful, the dictionary is always helpful in learning in new languages or understanding the meaning of any words. In this modern world of technology, you don’t need to carry a bulky or small size dictionary as every one of you owns a Smartphone. With the help of any Offline Dictionary Apps, you can find the meaning of any word that too by taking your smartphone out of your pocket.
Dictionary.com: Find Definitions for English Words
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for Android. So, what does that mean? We’ll define it for you!
They’ve got more than 1.5 million definitions and synonyms to help improve your vocabulary, study for the SAT or prep for the ACT, or boost your Words with Friends skills. Install our offline dictionary so you can access words—wherever, whenever. Get trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com designed for English learners:
Find definitions, learn spelling, study grammar, and practice pronunciation—all within one app. Explore a host of education features designed to help you pick up new vocabulary, including Word of the Day, language trends, and more.
- Get help spelling and learning new words: Use voice-search to find dictionary definitions without typing a single word.
- Discover synonyms and antonyms in the thesaurus: Enhance your ACT or SAT prep.
- Say new words correctly with in-app pronunciations.
Also See: 5 Best Emoji Maker Apps
English Dictionary – Offline
The free offline English dictionary application explains the meaning of English words! Definitions are based on English Wiktionary. Fast search, easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets. Ready to go: it works offline without any further file to download!
English Dictionary – Features
- More than 336000 English definitions and a large number of inflected forms
- You can leaf through words using your finger (swipe right and left)
- Manage your bookmarks, personal notes and search history
- Crossword help: the symbol ? can be used in place of the single unknown letter. The symbol * can be used in place of any group of letters. The full stop symbol . can be used to mark the end of a word.
- Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
- Share word definition using other apps, like Gmail or WhatsApp
- Compatible with Moon+ Reader, FBReader and other applications via the share button
- Backup&restore configuration, personal notes, and bookmarks on local memory, Google Drive, Dropbox and Box clouds (available only if you have installed these applications on your device)
- Camera search via OCR Plugin, available only on devices with the back camera. (Settings->Floating Action Button->Camera). The OCR Plugin has to be downloaded from Google Play.
U-Dictionary: Oxford Dictionary Free Now Translate
U-Dictionary is a FREE dictionary and translation app. Remove your language barriers anytime anywhere. U-Dictionary now has official Oxford Dictionaries in 12 languages! Offline Sentence Translation is also available! Enjoy translating totally offline of 58 languages.
U-Dictionary takes in originally developed dictionaries, Collins Advanced Dictionary, WordNet Dictionary, Native Examples, Synonyms, Antonyms and so on. It also provides English videos, games, and quizzes to help improve your English. U-Dictionary is much beyond a simple dictionary! Effortlessly translate texts, pictures, or conversations in 108 languages. It meets all your translation needs, including studying, working and traveling abroad.
- Offical Oxford Dictionaries: Check Oxford dictionaries in 12 languages, including 7 Indian languages. Learn from a huge number of authoritative word definitions and sample sentences!
- Magic Translation: Translate in any app with the magic translation ball. Chat without borders and read without barriers.
- Text Translation: Translate between any two languages from 108 languages.
- Camera Translation: Snap to instantly translate any text around you. Recognizes 12 languages.
- Conversation Translation: Voice to voice translation between 49 accents, 35 languages.
- Grammar Check: Check an English text and easily correct mistakes. Enjoy mistake-free writing.
- Quick Translate: Translate in the notification bar without opening U-Dictionary.
- Offline Dictionary: Free download of Offline Packages for 44 languages and Synonyms, Antonyms, Collins Advanced Dictionary, and WordNet Dictionary.
- Offline Translation: Free download of Offline Translation Packages for 58 languages. Free from network limits.
- Word Lock Screen: Show words you choose on Lock Screen. Expand your vocabulary at any time.
- Copy to Translate: Copy words or sentences in any app and get meaning instantly. (Notice: Not available in Android 10.0+ due to access restriction.)
- My Words: Bookmark important words into different folders. Review from time to time.
- Perfect English Pronunciation: Authentic UK (British) and US (American) accent. Listen and learn.
- Native Examples: Authentic sentences collected from famous international news websites such as BBC, NPR, etc.
- Word Games: Finding-out-synonym game and spelling game. Play and learn.
- Funny Videos: Learn English with ease and fun.
- 14 Display Languages: Read in your native language.
Also See: 7 Best Android Selfie Camera Apps
English Hindi Dictionary
English to Hindi and Hindi to English dictionary and translator with OFFLINE mode by HinKhoj. Download the largest Hindi English dictionary with over lakhs of Hindi and English words. The meaning of words is provided with definitions, synonyms, and antonyms. Meanings are provided with usage and example sentences to understand proper translation. One can listen to the pronunciation of Hindi and English words to read and speak words properly.
English Hindi Dictionary – Features
- BUILD VOCABULARY
- HINDI TO ENGLISH DICTIONARY AND TRANSLATION
- ENGLISH TO HINDI DICTIONARY AND TRANSLATION
- TRANSLATION COMMUNITY
Arcus Dictionary is a fast offline English dictionary with 165000+ words, definitions, and synonyms. A 6.2MB download gives you access to everything without requiring network access after install. It is designed to be easy to use and give you the top and most common results for your query. All you need to do is start typing to get results instantly. By default, the more probable matches are displayed first although there is an option to display results purely alphabetically too.
The dictionary also supports pronunciations for definitions, a favorites feature, word hyperlinking, sharing and customization options.
Arcus Dictionary Features
- Word Hyperlinking
- Customization Options
Offline Dictionary Apps – Conclusion
I hope you are enjoying using Offline Dictionary Apps to make your daily life easier while reading or traveling other country pleas share this article with your friends and family members.