If you’re using AirPlay on your LG TV to watch a movie, TV show, or stream anything and it’s not working properly, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem. In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps you can take to fix AirPlay not working on LG TV.
Is LG TV compatible with AirPlay?
To begin, make sure that AirPlay and your LG TV are both compatible. The majority of LG TVs use Google Cast to cast content from Android devices. Only a few LG Smart TV models, however, support Apple AirPlay.
LG TV models that support Apple AirPlay. If your LG TV does not support AirPlay, you will be unable to stream from Apple devices. Before attempting any of the methods listed below, ensure that your LG TV is AirPlay-compatible.
Below is a list of LG TVs that are compatible with AirPlay 2 (from the Apple website).
- LG OLED (2018, 2019, 2020)
- LG SuperUHD SK 9, 8 series (2018)
- LG UHD UK 62 series or above, UK 7 series (2018)
- LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)
- LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)
- LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)
- LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
- LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
How To Fix AirPlay On LG TV?
1. Restart Your LG TV
I know it sounds basic but most of the problems with your device get fixed after restarting it. Here is the right way to do it:
- First, disconnect all External Devices connected to the TV.
- Now, Turn off your LG Smart TV.
- Unplug the Power Cable from your TV.
- Before plugging the TV back into the power outlet, wait 60 seconds.
- Now, turn on your LG Smart TV.
If AirPlay isn’t working after you’ve restarted your TV, try these next steps.
2. Check If AirPlay Is Turned On
First, make sure that AirPlay is actually turned on in the settings of your LG TV:
- Click the Home button on your LG TV remote.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down and click on Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
- After that, turn on the AirPlay option.
If it’s not there or if you don’t have a compatible Apple device nearby to use AirPlay with, we suggest trying one of our other troubleshooting tips below.
3. Restart Your WIFI Router
Another thing that might be preventing AirPlay from working on your LG TV is a problem with your network. In this situation, restart your router and connect your Apple device and LG TV to it as previously explained.
Also, perform a reset on your iPhone, and Mac network settings and reset the TV device list, you will never face an issue connecting your LG TV to AirPlay again.
4. Update LG TV Firmware
If AirPlay still isn’t working after following all of the steps above, it might be time to update the firmware on your LG TV. To do this:
- Go to your LG Smart TV “Settings”.
- Select the All Settings > Support option.
- Navigate to the “Software Update” option.
- Click on “Check Now” for Firmware updates.
If there is no firmware update available for your LG TV then one of our other troubleshooting tips below should help you out.
5. Try A Different Network
If AirPlay is still not working after completing all of the above steps, there could be a problem with your network. In this case, connect your device to different networks and see if that resolves the problem.
Additionally, make sure that both your Apple device and LG TV are connected to the same network—not an ad-hoc network or an extender network.
6. Remove All Paired AirPlay Devices From The TV
If AirPlay is still not working on your LG Smart TV, it might be time to try removing all paired devices from your TV. To do this:
- Go to “Settings” on your LG Smart TV.
- Scroll down and click on Apple AirPlay.
- Navigate to the “Devices” tab.
- Remove all paired devices you don’t want AirPlay connecting with.
After successfully disconnecting all devices, connect your Apple device to the TV by entering the AirPlay passcode.
7. Reset Your LG Smart TV
If all of the above tips have failed to fix the issue, it may be time to reset your LG TV. To do this:
- Use the LG TV remote to press the Home Button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose General.
- Select Reset.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select Confirm.
- Type in the LG TV’s password.
- Select Restart.
- Note: If you never chose or updated your LG TV’s password when you originally got it, the default password would be 0000 or 1234.
AirPlay is a fantastic feature that allows you to instantly stream content from your phone or laptop to your LG TV. Because LG TV is a low-cost device, it makes no sense to ignore the issue of AirPlay not working on LG TV.
Even if it takes you some time to find out the issue and get it fixed, these troubleshooting steps will definitely help you do so without wasting too much time and effort. To fix AirPlay not working on LG TV, simply follow all of the steps one by one.