Snapdrop is a popular and completely free Peer2Peer and Open Source file transfer service that allows you to send large files for both personal and collaboration purposes. For all of you wondering how to use Snapdrop — we hear you, and that is why we have produced this step-by-step guide.
Snapdrop is one of the easiest and most reliable ways to send images, videos, PDFs, and links to people nearby. To make this process even easier and to show you how to use Snapdrop, we’ve made this step-by-step guide that will take you through the entire process, from start to finish.
- The sender and receiver need to be on the same Wifi network.
- There’s no limitation on the size of the files you can send, nor the amount.
- Don’t close the Snapdrop tab to keep sharing. Closing this page will stop your share!
- It’s Peer to peer communication means nothing is stored online, When the transfer is complete your files are no longer on the internet.
How to Use Snapdrop: Step-by-Step Guide
Since it is a free service, you don’t need to make a Snapdrop account to start using it. You can both upload and send files as well as receive and download them without signing up. And now — on to the guide itself.
How Do I Transfer Files Using Snapdrop?
1. Since you don’t need to sign up, you can just go to the home page (snapdrop.net) on sender and receiver devices.
2. Tap on the 2nd Device name as shown in the Video.
3. Select the file you want to share and tap on send.
What Is Snapdrop and How Does It Work?
Snapdrop: local file sharing in your browser. Inspired by Apple’s Airdrop, it is a peer-to-peer file sharing, content streaming, and gaming platform that supports online and offline sharing of files and contents. It uses a P2P connection if WebRTC is supported by the browser. WebRTC needs a Signaling Server, but it is only used to establish a connection and is not involved in the file transfer.
How Do I Use Snapdrop for Free?
Snapdrop is free to use visit snapdrop.net
How Do I Send a Video on Snapdrop?
Follow the steps shown in the video to send Snapdrop.
Final Thoughts: Using Snapdrop
Snapdrop’s simplicity is undoubtedly its biggest strength. In just a few easy steps, even people who don’t have much tech experience can quickly figure out how to use it. We hope that this step-by-step guide has demonstrated just how uncomplicated it is to use Snapdrop.