The No video with supported format and MIME type found error is very common. Users experience the ‘No video with supported format and MIME type found’ when they try to stream video content on Firefox browsers.
If you see this error don’t panic as this error is still fixable. Just try the fixes listed below.
These are the solutions you can try. You don’t have to try them all. Just try each one step by step until everything’s working again.
Fix 1: Update your browser
Probably you are using an old version of Firefox and may not be compatible with the video so you get “No video with supported format and MIME type found” error.
To see if that’s the case with you, try updating your Firefox browser:
- On your Firefox browser, click the Menu icon, then click Help.
- Click About Firefox.
- Wait for the browser to check for the latest update
Fix 2: Clear browser cookies and cache
Please Note: This step will clear all the history and web data of your Firefox, and it can’t be undone.
To Do that follow the steps:
- On your Firefox browser, press the Ctrl + Shift + Del keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Select Everything for a Time range to clear.
- Check all the items in the History and Data sections
- Click the Clear Now button to clear all items you selected.
Now check to see if this fixed your No video with supported format and MIME type found an error.
Fix 3: Disable hardware acceleration
- On Firefox, click the Menu icon and then select Options.
- In the Performance section, uncheck Use recommended performance settings, and then uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
Fix 3: Disable browser add-ons
1) Go to Add-ons in your browser, or you can type about:addons in the address bar then press Enter.
2) Click Extensions on the left, and disable the add-ons you’ve installed.
3) Try playing the video again to see if the error has been fixed.
If the error disappears, then you should have found and fixed the issue.
Fix 4: Try another browser
That’s it. I hope that the article helps you resolving your error “No video with supported format and MIME type found”. You’re welcome to leave a comment and let me know which solution helps.