Your Chromebook is a great tool for editing video, but people often think that Chromebooks are only for web browsing. If you’re looking for the best video editors for Chromebook, you’ve come to the right place. These video editing software for Chromebook should get the job done. Each works very well on ChromeOS, you can say that these are the best iMovie alternatives for Chromebook.
KineMaster is a full-featured video editor for Chromebook. It comes with powerful tools that are easy to use. It has over 2500 downloadable videos, images, effects, and transitions. The addition of EQ presets, ducking, and volume envelope tools make audio editing immersive and powerful on Chromebook using KineMaster. The premium subscription also features unlimited exports in resolutions up to 4K.
- Includes green screen, audio adding, extracting, volume control, chroma key, and more
- Can add multiple audio and video layers which are great for advanced creators
- Can download multiples assets like stickers, images, backgrounds, etc. from its asset store
- Hard to crop videos and audio with a tightly-fitted timeline
- The subscription doesn’t reflect across devices at times
- Leaves a watermark on the free version
PowerDirector is a Chromebook video editor that lets you edit videos in 4K with multi-timeline features. The PowerDirector lets you add music, transitions, motion titles, effects, emojis, filters, and more to enhance your videos. The power director is very easy to use the user interface is excellent. If you are new to video editing highly recommended that you use PowerDirector to edit videos on your Chromebook.
- Add multiple layers and customize/edit each one separately
- Royalty-free stock library
- Download videos/images directly from Google Drive
- Pre-made templates help in creating videos quickly
- Too many ads
- The files take too long to load
Also See: How to Install Docker on Chromebook
Magisto uses sophisticated A.I. to find the best parts of your recording while using it on Chromebook. Magisto smartly applies editing techniques including video stabilization, effects, auto-crop, and filter object detection to create mind-blowing videos that outshine the average slideshow or collage. Magisto combines clips, photos, filters, music, text, and effects to help you tell your story. If you want to level up your social media game Magisto is one of the best iMovie alternatives for Chromebook.
- Best for beginners without much experience in video editing
- Magisto’s AI guides you
- Has a neat and simple interface
- Can create multiple videos quickly with customizable pre-made templates
- Not much room for manual video editing
- Too many recurring review pop-ups
VideoShow on Chromebook also allows you to add subtitles to any video, or to change its audio and apply different filters. VideoShow contains an inventory of over 50 elaborate themes for stunning music videos/slideshow/vlogs instantly. With the help of the VideoShow video cutter, you can reverse, blur, duplicate, edit, merge, trim, split, and collage clips, or videos.
- Great transitions and multiple music choices
- Can add as many images to a single video
- Supports collage of images on video
- Beautiful themes to enhance videos
- Lack of quality after exporting video
- Watermark in the free version
WeVideo for ChromeOS makes it easy, fast, and fun to edit videos. You can transform videos into breathtaking and share them on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. The WeVideo Business plan has even more benefits like expanded music and theme libraries, professional-quality graphics, no WeVideo watermark, etc. If you are looking for easy to use video editor for Chromebook download WeVideo today.
- Good for basic video editing requirements
- Easy to create slideshows with hardly any effort
- Very limited music, text fonts, and themes in the free account
- You cannot remove the watermark in the free version
- It’s hard to adjust music beats with the video
Kdenlive offers customizable layout support, a clip list, a multitrack timeline, automatic backup, keyframe special effects, and transitions. Kdenlive video editor is aimed at professionals, newbies might find it difficult to operate. Some basic knowledge of video editing is needed to utilize Kdenlive fully. If you are using a Linux environment on your Chromebook then you can easily install Kdenlive on your Chromebook ok using the Linux terminal. Kdenlive is a full-fledged video editor for Chromebook, what sets it apart from the other Chromebook video editors is the fact that it is free and comes with a bunch of powerful features as well.
- Efficient to Make Video Montage
- Add Any Format of Subtitle Everywhere
- Advanced Effects and Transitions
- Free to use
- Slow Response
- Limited output options
Shotcut is another free, open-source video editor for Chromebook. Shotcut comes with a wide range of features, including native timeline editing, video transitions and filters, and a multitrack timeline. It supports keyframes for filter parameters and 3-point editing. If you quickly need to delete the audio from a video clip, Shotcut gets it done. If you have any video editing experience you will feel at home with Shotcut.
- High-quality input/export support
- A good set of editing features
- Edit-friendly format support
- Free to use
- No stock music
- Transitions is limited
- No export presets for devices
Now that you have the list of the top 7 Chromebook video editors of 2022, go ahead and download the app that fits your requirements. If you’re looking for ways to enhance your video-making skills, do share this article with your friends and family members.
- How to Use Emojis on Chromebook
- How to use the snipping tool on a Chromebook
- How to Fix Developer Mode is Disabled on This Device
- How to Screenshot on School Chromebook
- How to Install Docker on Chromebook
- How to Install Stremio on Chromebook
- How to Save Images on Chromebook
- How to Install Amazon Kindle on Chromebook
- How to Change Primary Account On Chromebook