Root Realme 2 Pro and Install TWRP in easy steps: Realme is a n user centric brand, so finally they have allowed bootloader unlocking in almost all the devices, I’ve been a power user for years know and I have successfully rooted multiple Android device whether it is from xiaomi Oneplus realme or Motorola today I will be sharing the best method to unlock bootloader and root realme 2 Pro with the easiest method.
Realme 2 Pro is quite powerful device and that comes with ColorOS, which is based on Android 9 Pie. The reason we want to root our device is basically because of colour OS it is not well optimised to get most of the Android phone, If we talk about the performance, then the Realme 2 pro is truly has overall good experience as it is powered by one of the best mid range chip Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core processor which is clock at a speed of 2 GHz.
How To Root Realme 2 Pro
The step by step guide is intended only for Realme 2 Pro (Codename: RMX1801) users. Please do not try this guide on other device, every device has its own custom recovery and different unlocking methods. Please follow the instructions very carefully to avoid any damage your smartphone.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Realme 2 Pro
Realme has restricted the users from unlocking their devices but later they have listened the feedback and now there allowing unlocking for all Realme devices, before that there was some unofficial method I kindly request you please do not follow them because they might brick you device
Why do we need to unlock bootloader on Realme 2 Pro
Unlock bootloader is required to flash TWRP recovery and root your Android device the OEMs lock bootloader just for the security purpose and lost their device no one will be able to unlock it uses data will be safe.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Realme 2 Pro
This is one of the easiest method to unlock bootloader on Realme 2 Pro, In this method, you’ll need to sideload an APK on your smartphone and raise an application request to unlock the bootloader. Once you will get unlocking permission from realme, you can unlock the bootloader of Realme 2 Pro with the appropriate method.
First, please read the “Disclaimer” carefully
- After unlocking your phone ALL OF YOUR DATA WILL BE ERASED! Backup before you proceed
- In-depth test may have unforeseeable impacts on your phone
- Some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware, such as the photo-taking function of the camera. It may also cause device damage
- Personal and confidential information on phone may leak, and security compromised
- In-depth test may modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from updating the system version to enjoy the latest ColorOS
Second, read the steps below for the in-depth test
- Realme 2 Pro – with 60%+ battery
- 1 x USB Cable1
- Step 1. Make sure you have backed up your data, unlocking your phone will erase all of your data
- Step 2. Make sure your system version is the official and latest one
- Step 3. Download and install the unlock tool apk on your phone:
Install it to apply for the bootloader unlock via the tool.
Step 4. Detailed steps to unlock the bootloader
- #1. Open unlock tool
- #2. Click “Start applying”
- #3. Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application
- #4. The application will be checked by our server
- #5. Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of unlocking – if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step
- #6. You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and press and hold the power key to reboot the device. You will then enter the fastboot mode
- #7. Download and install the fastboot tool on your PC or Mac (check this https://www.xda-developers.com/google-releases-separate-adb-and-fastboot-binary-downloads/), use a cable to connect phone and PC. In Fastboot mode use engineering command in the picture below to unlock
- #8. On your phone press the volume key to select “Unlock The Bootloader” and press the power key to confirm. Phone will reboot and enter in-depth test mode – all user data on the phone will be cleared. We recommend you perform a data backup prior to applying
Finally you have unlocked bootloader in your Realme 2 Pro now this time where we are going to install TWRP recovery and later will root Realme 2 Pro.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Realme 2 Pro
In this guide I have included three different sections – “Prerequisites, Downloads, and instructions“. In order to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 2 Pro, you must have to go through each section of the guide to avoid any damage.
Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your smartphone. This guide is only for educational purpose. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
Now let’s talk about some of the prerequisites which you must have to fulfill before heading over to the instructions.
- Your smartphone should have charged between 70-80%. So that you don’t have to face any sudden shutdown during the process.
- Make sure that you have taken a complete backup of your device’s data.
- In order to install TWRP on Realme 2 Pro, make sure that your device has unlocked bootloader.
- Your computer should have installed the latest ADB & Fastboot tools.
- Also, make sure that your PC has appropriate USB Drivers installed and configured.
- In the Android developers’ settings, enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Realme 2 Pro
- ADB & Fastboot Tools.
- Realme 2 Pro USB Driver.
Instructions To Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 2 (RMX1801)
- Firstly, download Realme 2 Pro TWRP Recovery using the link above.
- Once downloaded, transfer it to the ADB Folder on your computer.
- Connect your Realme 2 Pro to the PC using the USB Cable.
- Hold SHIFT Key and Right-click anywhere inside the free space in the ADB Folder and select ‘Open PowerShell Window Here‘ from the options.
- Now, execute the below command to directly boot the device into the Fastboot or Bootloader Mode:adb reboot bootloader
- Then, run the below PowerShell command to check whether the realme device is successfully connected or not. If it shows a unique ID, then it means the device is connected. Otherwise, try reconnecting:fastboot devices
- Now you can flash TWRP Recovery on Realme 2 Pro by entering the below line of command:fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-RMX1801.img
- At last, tye and enter the following command to reboot the device into the OS:fastboot reboot
That’s it. Now, you have successfully been able to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 2 Pro via Fastboot method. To check the TWRP is working or not, boot the device into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button altogether for a couple of seconds until the screen starts booting up in the recovery mode.
In case, if you have been stuck somewhere between the steps, then you can drop us a comment below. We will help you to troubleshoot the issue as soon as possible.
How To Root Realme 2 Pro And Install Magisk Manager
Note: To avoid data loss, take a full backup of your smartphone. Furthermore, if you don’t want to face any hiccups during the process, then charge your Realme device to a healthy battery level.
- Download Magisk Installer ZIP.
- Once downloaded, transfer it to an easily approachable location on your Realme smartphone.
- Now, shut down the device completely.
- Then, boot the phone into the TWRP Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button altogether for a couple of seconds.
- Once you enter into the TWRP main menu, go to ‘Install‘.
- Now, browse and select the Magisk ZIP file that you transferred in the step-2.
- Swipe the ‘swipe to confirm flash‘ button to Root Realme 2 Pro using Magisk.
- Now, wait until the process completes. Once done, hit ‘Reboot system‘ button.
That’s it. You’ve successfully been able to Root Realme 2 Pro by flashing Magisk Installer ZIP through TWRP Recovery. To check the device is whether rooted or not, download install Root Checker app.
In case, if you’ve been stuck somewhere between the steps of rooting your Realme smartphone, then feel free to drop us a comment below.