The Notes app is one of the most-used productivity apps in the Apple iOS ecosystem. If you use the notes app extensively and now you want to reset your forgotten Notes password on your iPhone. In this article, you will learn how to reset your Notes password step by step. Before that, if you have Touch ID or Face ID linked to your Apple Notes, I suggest you first back up the contents of accessible locked notes.
How to Recover Data From Locked Notes on iPhone Using Touch/Face ID on iPhone and iPad
Keep in mind if you have forgotten the Notes password and want to recover old notes on your iPhone it is a must that you have linked Touch ID or Face ID to Apple Notes. This allows you to easily unlock old notes without losing the data. Follow the steps carefully to back up the contents of accessible locked notes:
1. Open the Notes app on iPhone or iPad
2. Open the password-protected note you want to recover
3. Tap on the View Note or the lock icon
4. Use the touch id or face id to open it
5. Now copy all the content of the note and then exit from the locked Note
6. Tap on Create Note icon from the bottom right corner and paste the content you just copied
7. Now repeat all the steps again for all the locked notes
Also See: Best Calendar App for iPhone
How to Reset Notes Password on iPhone and iPad
Once you reset the iPhone Notes password, you will not gain the access to your old notes, but it will let you lock notes going forward. If in case you remember your old password, you can go to the old note and enter the old password to unlock it. Apple Notes will give you the option to update the note to the new one.
1. Open Settings, Go to Notes > Password
2. Tap on Reset Password
3. Now enter the Apple ID password and click OK
4. Now a pop will come asking if you want to reset the password, click on the Reset Password button
5. Now enter your new password (use Strong Password Generator)
6. Add a hint to your password that helps you remember it
7. Tap Done to save the changes
Reset Your Notes Password on Mac
1. Launch Notes from your Dock or Finder
2. Go to preferences and click on Change Password
3. Now click on the “Reset Password” button and confirm it
4. Now, enter the Apple ID password and then enter your new password for the notes app
Open Settings, Go to Notes > Password, and tap on Reset Password, Now enter the Apple ID password and click OK, a pop will come asking if you want to reset the password and click on the Reset Password button, Now enter your new password.
What do I do if I forgot my Notes passcode?
Notes are an integral part of our daily life, help us in making our life productive and easy keeping it safe is our duty. I hope this article has helped you in recovering the old notes data please share this article with your friends and family members. And now you are done with this check out How to Take a Long Screenshot on iPhone.