Its always recommend using Windows 10 and 11 devices to have a password to keep the devices safe and protect the data and secure your privacy but there are times when this password adds an extra step in your workflow for example if you are using the old Windows 10 device as a media server you will need to enter the password every time you use it. I am here to fix the issue in this article you will learn how to remove password in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Remove Password Windows 10
If you have set up your windows device with a Microsoft account it’s almost impossible to remove the password but will we will disable password login on Windows 10 so it can log in automatically.
1. Click the window to open the start menu in Windows 10
2. Now search for netplwiz and click the top result
3. Chose the account to remove the password under the “Users for this computer” section
4. Click the “User must enter a user name and password to use this computer option“
5. Click the Apply button
6. Enter the Microsoft account login info to sign in automatically
7. Click the OK button
8. Click the OK button again
If you have followed the steps carefully, now you will be able to log in to windows 10 without entering a password every time you open it.
Remove password for local account
If you have set up a local user in a windows 10 device and want to remove the password here is how you can do it:
1. Go to Settings and Click on Accounts
2. Click on Sign-in options
3. Select the Password option under the “Manage how you sign in to your device“
4. Click on the Change button
5. Now confirm your current password
6. Click the Next button
7. Now you need to Leave the Password and Re-enter password fields blank
8. Click the Next button
9. Click the Finish button
By keeping the password field blank the windows 10 device is password-free and it will always login easily so you can continue your entertainment without any hassle. I have friendly advice if you keep any kind of sensitive data don’t keep it on a device where it can be accessed by anyone and your data will be compromised. Do share this article with your friends. 🙂