MX Player is one of the most popular multimedia players. It can play virtually all multimedia files as well and supports streaming protocols. This article describes how to download MX Player for PC on Windows 11/10/7/8.1. MX Player can be installed using Windows Subsystem for Android or using Android Emulators for Windows.
Download MX Player on PC and Install it on Windows 11 Using Windows Subsystem for Android
Before we move ahead, make sure you check the requirements section to ensure your Windows 11 PC is eligible to test Android apps right now.
Requirements to Install Android Apps on Windows 11
- Virtualization Support
- Enable Virtual Machine Platform
Installing the Windows Subsystem for Android
- Go to store.rg-adguard.net.
- Copy the link and paste it into the URL box: www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-subsystem-for-android/9p3395vx91nr
- Now click on the drop-down arrow to the right and select Slow.
- Click the check mark to search for files.
- Scroll down and click the largest MSIX bundle to start the download. The latest version, as of writing this (2301.40000.7.0), is 1.39 GB.
- When the download finishes, go to the file’s location.
- Right-click on the file and click Rename.
- Add the text .appx at the end of the file and press Enter.
- Double-click on the file and click the Install button.
- Once finished installing, the Windows Subsystem for Android launches.
Installing the MX Player on Windows
- Get the stable MX Player APK.
- Install the Android Debugging Bridge. Refer to the Windows: Manual Setup section in our ADB guide.
- Navigate to the Platform Tools folder, right-click, and select Open in Terminal.
- Open Windows Subsystem for Android, go to Developer and turn on Developer mode.
- Once turned on, Android’s Developer options pop up in a window. Close it, and you’ll see a string of numbers separated by periods and a semicolon.
- Go to the Terminal and type adb connect number. Replace number with the number you see in the Developer mode section. For example, ADB connect 127.0.0.1:2000.
- Once done, it returns connected and asks you to allow USB debugging. Click Allow to proceed.
- Move the Aurora Store APK to the Platform Tools folder.
Enter adb install MX_Player_1.60.1_Apkpure.apk in the Terminal. Here, 1.60.1 refers to the version number, which could differ depending on when you’re reading this. Copy the exact file name and paste it into the Terminal.
Once done, open the Start menu. You’ll find MX Player in the Recommended section. Alternatively, you can search for it using the search bar.
Use Nox to Download MX Player on Windows 10
You can also use Nox to Download MX Player on Windows 10. It also works well and while not designed specifically for these kinds of app, has the added advantage of working with other Android apps too.
- Download and install Nox onto your PC.
- Download the MX Player APK.
- Sign into Google through Nox.
- Drag and drop the APK file into the open Nox window to install.
Now that MX Player APK is installed and ready to go, the next step is to open it, set it up, and watch your favorite movies also Installing apps from the store is similar to the Google Play Store. You should check out our new WiFi QR Code Generator.