Not everyone is tech-savvy. However, the current pandemic has changed that. People have started to equip themselves with technical knowledge just to avoid calling professionals during this time. So, when it comes to the installation and deployment of complex programs and software just as Spectrum Security Suite, it’s not that big of a problem for them.
How to Install Charter Spectrum Security Suite
When you subscribe to Spectrum internet, the company sends a free security suite for you to install. It will protect you from different viruses. You can use the license of this software on 25 different computers. However, you will have to repeat the installation process on all of those systems if you decide to do that. If you are wondering how to install the security suite on your Windows or Mac then don’t sweat! Just follow these simple steps and you will be all set!
You can quite easily install the Spectrum Security Suite on a Windows PC but before getting to the steps, let’s first take a look at the system requirements.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4. Two GHz or higher.
- Operating System: Windows 7,8 or 10. 32 & 64 bit.
- Disk Space: There should be around 1.2 GB of free space on your hard drive.
- Memory: 1 GB or more
Steps to Download
Once you have checked the requirements needed to install the Spectrum Security Suite on your Windows computer, it is now time to proceed towards the download step. You can start the installation process by following these simple steps.
- Sign in and hit the Desktop Security which will be located at the bottom of the screen.
- You have to click Manage to Proceed if you get a prompt at this point.
- You will now reach the Security Suite management page.
- Hit Install or Download.
- Select your operating system and then choose a nickname for your device.
- Once you click Download, a new window will open.
- Hit Run.
- If you get any prompts, tap on Continue.
- Select Accept and Install.
- Once the download completes, you will get a prompt to restart your computer.
- Close the wizard.
Although these steps are quite simple to follow but make sure of one thing. Always remember to choose a nickname for your device that is less than 16 characters. You can use dashes, underscore, numbers, and letters in the name you select. Before you install the security suite, it will download and would run the Anitbot scanner to find any harmful files. If it detects, consider restarting your computer.
The downloading and installation process of Spectrum Security Suite is a bit different as compared to Windows. But before getting to that part, let’s take a look at the system requirements.
- Processor: Intel
- Operating System: macOS version 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), and 10.14 (Mojave)
- Disk Space: You should have around 250 MB of free space in your hard drive
- Memory: 1GB or more
- Display: Minimum 16-bit
Steps to Download
After you have confirmed that your system meets the needed requirements for the installation of Spectrum Security Suite, let’s look at the steps via which you can initiate the process.
- You will need to sign in.
- After that, go to Desktop Security. You can find it at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Manage to Proceed if you get a prompt at this point.
- This will take you to the Security Suite management page.
- Now, you have to hit Download or Install.
- Enter your operating system and select a nickname for your device. Make sure that your nickname is less than 16 characters and include letter, numbers, dashes, and underscores.
- Once you click download, a new window will pop up.
- You will now have to hit Save File.
- After that, go to your Downloads folder.
- You will then be required to locate the file that you saved.
- Once found, open it.
- If you get a prompt, restart your system.
- The suite will now be installed.
After the installation of the Spectrum Security Suite is complete, a prompt will be displayed that will ask you to enable the Browsing Protection. You will then select the browser that you use to surf the web from the drop-down menu and hit Install Now.
Spectrum is renowned for taking care of its customers and the fact that they provide a free security suite alongside their internet plans is proof of that. They do this to give you the ultimate protection against harmful viruses that may hinder you from getting the most out of their services. The company also offers attractive deals on their other services, TV, and phone. When you get the security suite, you can use the above-mentioned steps to install it for both Windows and Mac. Also, if you face any problems during the process, you can always contact their customer support for assistance.