Huawei is slowly but steadily becoming an alternative to, Xiaomi Samsung, and Apple in the premium smart devices market, while also providing solid options for low-priced smartphones and wearables. In this review, we are testing its new fitness tracker, the Huawei Band 6. It’s very reasonably priced and has the specs to compete with more advanced trackers. But how does it perform in real life? Read on to find out:
Huawei Band 6 Features
- 0.95 inch AMOLED display and touchscreen/touchkey for easy navigation.
- Tells the time, weather and set alarm.
- Customise watchface by choosing from the many available options.
- Find my phone, control phone camera, control music on phone, do not disturb and more.
- Syncs data from the device to your phone and allows you to manage your fitness goals.
- Tracks your steps, distance, sleep, heart rate, calories, sedentary reminders and more.
- Tracks you sleep in 4 stages; awake, deep, REM and light.
- Tracks your VO2 Max, recovery time and cadence.
- The new SpO2 sensor tracks your blood oxygen and monitors how well your blod absolves oxygen.
- 11 preset workouts to choose from.
- Alerts you when you recieve a notification on your phone such as SMS, texts, including notifications from third-party apps.
- Rated 5ATM (50 meters) makes it swimproof.
- Up to 7 days long battery life with mixed usage.
Huawei Band 6: Design and Look
Huawei Band 6 has a 1.47 inch AMOLED display which is in a rectangular design. Significantly, the company has changed the design of the Huawei Band 6. Huawei Band 6 looks beautiful and elegant with a new display. Moreover, the other bands coming up in this budget like Me Band 6 are better. Huawei Band 6 has a 10.99 mm thin dial that fits it properly in the wrist. The display is vibrant and bright. Resolution is good in terms of fitness tracker and is produced with great colors.
Everyday Health Monitoring
One of the best things about having a smart fitness tracker on your wrist is how you can be on top of your everyday health indicators at all times. For instance, the HUAWEI Band 6 can monitor your blood oxygen levels (SpO2) continuously, alerting you if levels are dangerously low. In addition to this, you can keep track of your heart rate with HUAWEI TruSeenTM 4.0, and stress levels with HUAWEI TruRelaxTM.
For daily activity tracking, you can view progress from HUAWEI Band 6 faces that can display stats and from the daily activity tracking widget. Head to the Activity records menu as well to expand on those stats to see your activity trends over the week. You get a lot of data on the device itself which should help you spend less time in the HUAWEI Band 6 companion app.
Huawei Band 6 Review: Battery life
I was able to get around 10 days of battery life, with regular use, including passive health monitoring and default brightness. This is a lot better than the competition and very good to see at this price point. Huawei Band 6 offers good batterylif without compromising on the features.
The HUAWEI Band 6 is, to my mind, the most stylish fitness band out there, and it is very comfortable to boot. The feature set is solid, battery life is brilliant, and its implementation of sleep tracking is the most intuitive and comprehensive I’ve seen you can go for it.