Netflix is my goto streaming site and Discord is the easiest way to communicate with friends, one of the greatest things about Discord is it lets you share your screen over discord servers chat making it different from other messengers, this opens the door of opportunity to watch your favorites tv shows and movies with a friend over Discord chat. So today I am here with a step-by-step guide so you can also learn how to stream Netflix on Discord, trust me it is one of the simplest methods for watching Netflix over Discord. Just like Netflix you can also stream HBO max on discord by following simple steps.
- Watch Netflix Movies and TV shows with friends on Discord.
- Use Chrome browser for a better experience.
- Turn off hardware acceleration to fix the black screen.
How to Stream Netflix on Discord
This process can be followed for almost any streaming service like HBO Max, Hulu, Disney+, Voot, Zee5, and Amazon Prime, the process can be followed on web apps as well as Discord windows app, in this article I’ll be using the Discord app, also I recommend using the app as it has extra features and control. You should use VPN for Netflix while traveling overseas, or you want to watch a show Netflix only provides on the other side of the globe
Steps to stream Netflix on Discord
1. Open Edge, Firefox, Chrome browser or the Netflix application.
2. Now Open Discord and connect to a server where have permission to share your screen with others.
3. Click the Settings icon in the bottom left corner.
4. Now select Game Activity from the left-hand menu.
5. Click on Add it from the top of the screen. After that choose your browser window where Netflix is login or select the Netflix application from the drop-down menu and click on Add Game.
6. Exit the Settings menu and click on the Screen button in the bottom-left.
7. Now select the app or browser window that you want to stream with others.
8. Choose your preferred Streaming settings. If you choose anything over 720p and 30 FPS that will require a Discord Nitro account.
9. Now select Go Live to begin streaming.
Now you’ll see a preview window with your Netflix stream. Start the TV show or the movie, and you should see it appear in the small preview, but it may pause if you click away to save system resources. Now double-click on it to get a larger view of the stream, as well as your webcam if you’re also streaming yourself in the chat. Also, check out Discord Emojis and if you want to download Discord profile pictures use this tool.
Also Read: 10 Best Netflix Google Chrome Extensions
How to fix Black Screen When Screen Sharing on Discord
Some of you might be facing a black screen when sharing Netflix on discord even after following the steps carefully. Don’t worry it’s not your fault the hardware acceleration in the browser is causing the problem the fix is very easy all you need is to turn off hardware acceleration on your browser.
Disable Hardware Acceleration On Google Chrome
- Launch Chrome, then select Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the Advanced option.
- Scroll to the System section and toggle “Use hardware acceleration when available” off.
Disable Hardware Acceleration On Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Settings and More (three-dotted) button on the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on System.
- Under the System section, turn off the Use hardware acceleration when available toggle switch.
- Click the Restart button.
Disable Hardware Acceleration On Firefox
- Click the Menu button and select Settings.
- Select the General panel.
- Under Performance, uncheck Use recommended performance settings.
- Additional settings will be displayed.
- Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Click the Firefox menu Menu Button and select Exit.
- Start Firefox the way you normally do.
Why I can’t stream Netflix on Discord?
If you are facing any issue you need to turn off hardware acceleration to fix the black screen.
Does Netflix block screen sharing?
No, they don’t really block screen sharing. You can always employ such apps as Netflix-Party to do just that.
Is it legal to stream movies on Discord?
As long as you’re not making monetary profits from it, streaming movies with friends falls under Fair Use.
Final Thoughts: Stream Netflix on Discord
This is how you can easily stream Netflix on discord now enjoy movies and TV shows with your friends also check out Netflix Codes. I hope you found this article helpful please share it with your friends and family, also you can follow me on Twitter @Devenderkg
You may also like: