Hello, everyone, Do you want to root your realme 5 and install TWRP on your Realme 5 then you are landed in the right place because realmeroot.com is one of the best places to find out how to root your phones and install the TWRP on your smartphone. we are going to share the step by step process to Root Realme 5 and Install TWRP recovery. Just follow this guide carefully in case, if you stuck in any step then you can comment below we will try to help you.
First, we will install TWRP recovery and then we will flash the SuperSu zip to root our Realme 5. The reason behind installing TWRP recovery first is because in order to flash supersu zip then we will have to install any custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
Realme is one of the leading smartphone brands in India and Realme India is launched his first Quad Camera smartphone in India With amazing Specification and the main Highlight of the Realme 5 is his 64 Megapixel Camera but we are not here to discuss the specification of the smartphone we are here to know how to install TWRP on Realme 5 so let’s start the process and know-how to install TWRP in your realme 5.
For the help we can provide you a video so you can take an idea what you to do while installing TWRP Recovery in your Realme Devices It will help you
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP is a custom recovery which you can install on your device to install flashable zip files. Our smartphone comes with stock recovery which doesn’t allow to install external flashable files like custom ROM, SuperSu, Mods, etc but with the help of custom recovery, we can do lots of things. TWRP custom recovery is easy to install on any android device but the condition is to unlock the bootloader of that device first.
What are the Advantages of TWRP Recovery?
Gaining root access on Android is akin to running Windows as an administrator. You have full access to the system directory and can make changes to the way the OS operates. As part of rooting, you install the usage manager (SuperSU is the main one right now). These tools are basically the gatekeeper of root access on your phone. When an app requests root, you have to approve it using the root manager.
- You can install custom ROMS like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc.
- You can root your device by flashing SuperSu zip file.
- You can take an android backup of your device very easily.
- You can install MODs easily.
What are the Disadvantages of TWRP recovery?
Rooting your phone or tablet gives you complete control over the system, and that power can be misused if you’re not careful. Android is designed in such a way that it’s hard to break things with a limited user profile. A superuser, however, can really trash things by installing the wrong app or making changes to system files. The security model of Android is also compromised to a certain degree as root apps have much more access to your system. Malware on a rooted phone can access a lot of data. Again, you need to be careful with what you install.
- You will lose the warranty of your device forever.
- You might get bootloop while installing any custom ROMs.
- You can brick your device if you don’t pay attention while flashing any ROMs.
- You won’t receive the official OTA Updates from Company.
Now, let’s move to the guide but before that read the pre-requirements first.
Also Read:- Root your Device Does It safe or not
Realmeroot.com will not take any responsibility for any kind of problem to occur in your device at the time of rooting. We are 100% sure that this article is well written without any errors. But, if you don’t follow it correctly then you will end up bricking your device. So, follow this guide carefully!
- This guide is only for Realme 5.
- Your device’s battery must be 50% charged or above.
- You must need a working PC or Laptop along with USB cable.
- Take the backup of your important files, photos, etc.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot Driver
- Download TWRP recovery image | Download |
- Download Chainfire’s SuperSu | Download |
- Follow all the steps carefully.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Realme 5?
Note:- Before proceeding makes sure to unlock the bootloader of your Realme 5 without unlocking the bootloader you can not install TWRP recovery.
- First of all, download the TWRP image from the above in your PC.
- Now Enable the USB debugging in your Realme 5 by going to Settings>About Phone>Build Number(Tap on it 7 times to enable the developer option)>Developer Option>Enable USB Debugging.
- Copy the TWRP image in the same folder where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot driver.
- Open the Command prompt window in the same folder by holding shift and clicking the right button of your mouse, just like this:-
- Boot your device into fastboot mode. You can do it by switching off your device and then press the Volume Up button and the power button simultaneously.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB cable and let the PC to detect your device so that it can install all the necessary drivers itself.
- Now type this command in Command Prompt/Powershell window
This command will let you know whether your device is connected properly or not. If it is not showing your device name in the window then you have to reconnect your device and install the drivers manually.
- Now type this command:-
fastboot reboot bootloader
- Now type this one:-
fastboot flash twrp.img
Replace the TWRP.img to the actual name of your TWRP image.
- Once the installation process is completed. You can type this command to reboot your device:-
- Now you have successfully installed the TWRP image on your device. Now you are ready to flash SuperSu zip.
Also Read:-How to root Poco F2
How to Root Realme 5 with the help of SuperSu
If you are reading the word SuperSu for the first time then let me tell you that it is a file basically a zip file by chainfire which can be installed on any android device via TWRP or CWM recovery and once it is installed successfully your device will be Rooted.
- So, first of all, download the Latest SuperSu and paste it in the root of your SD Card.
- Now, Switch off your device and boot your device into custom recovery by pressing and holding volume up button + power button simultaneously.
- Now if you have TWRP installed then a screen will open something like this:-
- Root Lg Q Stylus and Install TWRP Recovery
- Now, you have to tap on the install button then browse the location where you have pasted the SuperSu and then select the SuperSu file and then Swipe right to start the installation process. Look at the image for reference.
- Root Lg Q Stylus and Install TWRP Recovery
- Wait and once it is done reboot your device.
If you are facing any issue while flashing SuperSu zip file then you can try rooting your device with the help of Kingoroot application