Xiaomi India launched His new Redmi 8 for midrange series. The Redmi 8 packed with amazing specifications in his price point. Today we are here install TWRP and Root Redmi 8 so we get all the permissions of your Redmi 8.
Do you want to root your Xiaomi Redmi 8 and want to install TWRP recovery? then today you are landed on the right page. Today, we are going to share the step by step process to Root Xiaomi Redmi 8 and Install TWRP recovery. Just follow this guide carefully in case, if you stuck in any step then you can comment below we will try to help you.
First, we will install TWRP recovery and then we will flash the SuperSu zip to root our Xiaomi Redmi 8. The reason behind installing TWRP recovery first is because in order to flash supersu zip then we will have to install any custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 quick Specifications
Xiaomi Redmi 8 is a newly released Midrange smartphone by Xiaomi. This smartphone looks very premium it has a small notch as well which makes this device pretty attractive and cool.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 is a mid-range smartphone. It is having 6.22 IPS LCD, 1570 * 720 pixels Screen resolution. It is running on Android 9.0 Pie and has Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 Processor. Redmi 8 has an internal storage of 32 GB which is quite big to store apps, games, photos, etc. And 3/ 4 RAM which makes the device super fast. It also has an 8Mp front selfie camera with AI and it has a 12MP rear camera with a Sony IMX363 sensor which clicks the really amazing shot.
Now, let’s discuss What is TWRP recovery? Its Advantages and Disadvantages.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP is a custom recovery that you can install on your device to install flashable zip files. Our smartphone comes with stock recovery which doesn’t allow us to install external flashable files like custom ROM, SuperSu, Mods, etc but with the help of custom recovery, we can do lots of things. TWRP custom recovery is easy to install on any android device but the condition is to unlock the bootloader of that device first.
What are the Advantages of TWRP Recovery?
- You can install custom ROMS like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc.
- You can root your device by flashing the SuperSu zip file.
- And you can take an android backup of your device very easily.
- You can install MODs easily.
What are the Disadvantages of TWRP recovery?
- You will lose the warranty of your device forever.
- You might get bootloop while installing any custom ROMs.
- Also, you can brick your device if you don’t pay attention while flashing any ROMs.
- You won’t receive the official OTA Updates from Company.
Now, let’s move to the guide but before that read the pre-requirements first.
Realmeroot.com will not take any responsibility for any kind of problem to occur in your device at the time of rooting. We are 100% sure that this article is well written without any errors. But, if you don’t follow it correctly then you will end up bricking your device. So, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE CAREFULLY!
For the Help You can get the idea of how does it works
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Redmi 8.
- Your device’s battery must be 50% charged or above.
- You must need a working PC or Laptop along with USB cable.
- Take the backup of your important files, photos, etc.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot Driver
- Also Download TWRP recovery image | Download|
- Follow all the steps carefully.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 8?
Note:- Before proceeding makes sure to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi 8 without unlocking the bootloader you can not install TWRP recovery.
- First of all, download the TWRP image from the above in your PC.
- Now Enable the USB debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi 8 by going to Settings>About Phone>Build Number(Tap on it 7 times to enable the developer option)>Developer Option>Enable USB Debugging.
- Copy the TWRP image in the same folder where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot driver.
- Open the Command prompt window in the same folder by holding shift and clicking the right button of your mouse, just like this:-
- Boot your device into fastboot mode. You can do it by switching off your device and then press the Volume Up button and the power button simultaneously.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB cable and let the PC to detect your device so that it can install all the necessary drivers itself.
- Now type this command in Command Prompt/Powershell window
This command will let you know whether your device is connected properly or not. If it is not showing your device name in the window then you have to reconnect your device and install the drivers manually.
- Now type this command:-
fastboot reboot bootloader
- Now type this one:-
fastboot flash twrp.img
Replace the TWRP.img to the actual name of your TWRP image.
- Once the installation process is completed. You can type this command to reboot your device:-
Now you have successfully installed the TWRP image on your device. Now you are ready to flash SuperSu zip.
If you are facing any issue while flashing the SuperSu zip file then you can try rooting your device with the help of the Kingoroot application. Read this guide → How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 8 with Kingoroot
That’s it You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your device. If you have queries then you can ask by dropping them in the comment section below.
I hope you like it and you can easily Install TWRP in your Redmi 8 now so please do it now and let me know that so I can come with Exciting Articles for you