Users without Twitch Turbo accounts have to tolerate some pre-rolls, mid-rolls, companions, and display ads on Twitch. For free users, how to block ads on Twitch? In this post, I’m going to tell you some solutions to block annoying ads on Twitch.
Twitch has huge streamers. You can watch Twitch streams free without logging in. Of course, you can also create a Twitch account for keeping track of your watch history and subscribe to your favorite streamer. However, the drawback is that free users have to put up with ads when watching Twitch videos.
How to Watch Twitch Videos without Ads
If you desire to enjoy ad-free content, then you need to get a Twitch Turbo account ($8.99 / Month). With a Turbo account, you get no pre-rolls, no mid-rolls, no companions, and no display ads. You may still be presented promotions and ads that are embedded into a broadcast or, in rare situations, delivered with certain simulcast content.
Block ads on Twitch Using AdBlock
The simplest way to block Twitch ads is to use AdBlock. This AdBlock for Twitch can block pop-up ads on any website. It’s compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, iOS, and Android.
Here’s how to block Twitch ads using AdBlock.
- Open your browser and visit the AdBlock website.
- Click on Get AdBlock Now to add the extension.
- Then go to the Twitch website and you will find all the pop-ups disappear.
Also Read: How to Use Twitch Emotes on Discord
AdBlock Not Working on Twitch?
If you encountered the problem “AdBlock not working on Twitch”, follow the steps below to fix it.
- Launch Chrome and tap on three dots behind your profile picture.
- Navigate to More tools > Extensions.
- Enable the Developer mode and click on Update to update all of the extensions.
- Then reopen Chrome and visit the Twitch website to check if pop-up ads are removed. If some ads are not blocked successfully, you need to block ads manually.
Block ads on Twitch Using Adblock Plus
Except for AdBlock, there are many other adblockers for Twitch like AdGuard. It can remove all pop-up ads from the Twitch website on any OS including Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
Here’s how to block ads on Twitch.
- Head to the AdGuard website in your browser.
- Download and install it.
- Once done, run AdGuard to configure the settings.
- Afterward, go to Twitch, enable AdGuard and see if pop-ups are blocked.
Also Read: How To Fix Twitch Error 3000
That’s all about how to block ads on Twitch. If you have any better solutions to share, please leave a reply!