AirPods are one of the best truly wireless earphones on the market right now. And if you can’t find your AirPods? Apple offers a number of useful features and one of them is Find My AirPods. If your AirPods happen to go missing somewhere in that messy bedroom of your’s you can simply use the Find My AirPods feature to locate it. But before you use this feature you need to add AirPods to the Find My iPhone app and follow the steps to do the same.
Add AirPods to Find My iPhone
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your name (profile).
3. Scroll down and tap on Find My.
4. Tap the Find My iPhone.
5. Switch the toggle on to turn it On. If this is already on, you don’t want to tap it and turn it off.
Also, tap the switches next to Send Last Location to toggle it on. Now when your AirPods pair with your iPhone, I will activate Find My, and AirPods will also be added to the list.
Pair AirPods with iPhone
- On iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, then turn on Bluetooth.
- Open the case with your AirPods inside, then hold it next to your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, then tap Done.
Locating The AirPods When They Are Online
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone
- Tap on the Devices
- Select AirPods
If you lost your earbuds in a different place, the app will show each one by one. Once you locate the one, you should refresh the map and see where the second one is. if the AirPods are close to the iPhone you’ve paired them with, and the Bluetooth is connected, Use Find My iPhone to make the AirPods play a sound.