USB drive is the most portable medium for storing or sharing more data. Nowadays there are 128GB of storage in USB storage, in which you can store a lot of data. This is also comparable to its surface hard disk. With such a small stick your mosses are completed.
After all technological plus points, there is a problem with USB drives. Many times it happens that the USB drive is not formatted on a Windows computer. Since it is an electronic device, it may be that the device has been corrupted or there is some flaw in it. If you have any such problem, then there are some ways to diagnose it.
The first method: Scan the drive for Errors : The built-in feature of Windows checks for any drive with error. This attempts to fix other errors by finding other errors with bad sectors of this feature disk.
- Open my computer or this pc
- Right-click on the USB drive and select Properties option
- From the top of the Properties page, click the Tools tab.
- Click on the option of check now
- After this, select the option ‘Automatically fix file system errors’ and ‘Scan for an attempt for bad sectors’
- To start the process, click on the Start button
- Wait for the process to finish
- After the process is over, try to format your device
Second way: With the help of Comand Prompt : If the first method does not work for you, then command prompt can be used to format the drive.
- Connect the pen drive to the computer and note that remove all the USB drives connected to the computer at that time
- Open the Start menu and type CMD
- Right click on it and run it with administrative rights
- After that type ‘diskpart’ and press enter
- After that, the list of all the devices connected to the computer will come. Note the number of USB drives
- Now type ‘select disk disk_ (number)’ and press enter
- After this, press Enter to type ‘Clean’ and format your device.
Hope so these methods will solve your unable to format.