Microsoft Windows is one of the most used and best operating systems in the world. Half of our earth population prefer to use Windows os over mac and another operating system. Reason being it is having simple and best user interface (UI). Microsoft Windows comes with the whole bunch of free services.
The services offered by Microsoft Windows often comes with a limited time validity. once service gets expir, you start getting a message for windows os “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine”. This means that your Microsoft Windows os product key has been expired and you need get a new one to continue enjoy the services.
You have to give a huge amount of money for buying original Microsoft Windows OS. But don’t worry here at Gizmoxo we are providing great methods with the help of which you can use the window and its services for free. In this post, we will explain you some of the best methods which you can use to activate Microsoft Windows OS.
How To Fix “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine” (2019)
Below listed are the various methods by the help of which you can activate your windows for free.
Fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine by CMD Tricks.
Use can simply use Command prompt to activate your window with the help of various commands.
1. Click on the ‘Start‘ button and type ‘cmd‘ in the search box and hit ‘Enter.’
2. Now, right-click on the ‘Command prompt‘ option and select ‘Run as Administrator’ from the drop-down box.
3. Then, type SLMGR -REARM and hit ‘Enter.’ SLMGR is the tool which operates Windows software license and REARM is the command used to resets license status of Windows.
4. Now, click on ‘OK‘ to save the changes and then, restart your PC/laptop.
Fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Permanently
Have you ever wondered how Microsoft windows check it out whether your windows os is genuine or not? Then here’s the solution which states that when you update the windows there is some application which gets installed on your computer and they only detect whether the window is genuine or not.
1- In the Control panel, click on System and Security >> Windows update.
2. Here, click on ‘Turn automatic updating on or off’which you will find under ‘Windows Update’ option.
Also Read :- How to enable and use WhatsApp stickers
3. Now, you will notice a drop-down box under the ‘Important updates’ section. Here, select ‘Never check for updates’ to turn off the updates for your Windows OS.
4. Finally, click on ‘OK‘ to save and apply the changes which you have made.
3 Fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine by Uninstall Update KB 971033
If by mistake your window has got updated and the error has started popping saying” This copy of windows is not genuine” then you can easily uninstall the updates with the help of below steps.
1-Launch ‘Control Panel.’
2. Navigate to Windows Update Section.
3-Here, click on view installed updates to see all the updated files.
4-Now, search for the ‘KB 971033‘ update in the list and uninstall it.
After uninstalling the above file your windows will be automatically updated and you will not get the popup from there on. I hope this article will help you to get rid of your problem at the earliest.