All the modern devices come with Chromecast support, but if you are getting a “Chromecast Source Not Supported” error, this article is for you. Chromecast is not supported issue has been an ongoing issue. There are tons of reports from users on Reddit and all the social media who were unable to cast ever since Google Chrome update 79.0.3945.
There are multiple methods to fix this error. We have explained all the steps below. All you need is to follow all the steps carefully, we have tested all the steps by ourselves on our test device, and almost all of them worked depending on the situation: all you need to give it a try, all the methods listed below.
Install the Latest Chrome Updates
One of the easiest ways to fix Chromecast sources not supported is Keeping the Google Chrome Browser up-to-date with the latest updates as Google keeps fixing any new bugs. Sometimes, the auto-update feature of the Chrome browser doesn’t work, and if you check it manually, you find that pending updates are waiting for you.
Here is how to update Google Chrome:
- First, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the three-dot icon (right next to your Google profile image)
- From the dropdown menu, click on Help
- Click on About Google Chrome.
- On the About Chrome page, the browser will automatically begin to search for any new updates available to be installed.
- If there is one, please download it and install the update
- After the update is installed, it’s recommended that you should restart the chrome for the changes to take effect.
Once you’ve restarted the chrome browser, you can try once again to cast the any video you want to watch onto your Chromecast.
Also See: Best Chromecast Apps for Windows
Turn Off All Ad-Blockers
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on the three-dot icon
- From the menu, click on More tools and then click on Extensions.
- On the Extensions page, locate the adblocker you have installed and toggle the blue switch underneath the extension to turn it off.
- Restart your browser and try to cast again to your Chromecast.
Once you have turn off the ad-blocker try to cast the video and check if it’s fixed.
Also See: How To Start Chrome in Safe Mode
Enable the Cast Media Route Provider Option
- Open your Google Chrome search browser.
- Type in chrome://flags into the browser and hit Enter
- Next, press both your CTRL + F keys on your keyboard to bring up the Find tool. Alternatively, you can use the search bar at the top (available on the latest versions of Chrome).
- Type in Cast Media Route, which we want to look for, and hit Enter.
- Now, you should locate the “Cast Media Route Provider” option as it will be highlighted (as shown below).
- Click on the dropdown menu on the right to make sure that you select it as Enabled.
- Lastly, we will need to restart Google Chrome to have the changes take effect. To do this, close the search browser by hitting the X (top-right) and reopen Google Chrome.
I hope by following these steps, you will be able to fix Chromecast Source Not Supported issue on your device. Please share this article with your friends and family members. If you have any other issue, you can always find me on Twitter @devenderkg