Typing with Emoji characters on a Chromebook is very easy once you learn how to enable Emoji on the Chromebook. Hashtags and emojis have become an integral part of how we communicate on the internet today. Emojis are a great way to add personality to your messages and communications. They’re also a fun way to express yourself when you’re feeling happy, excited, or silly. Follow these simple steps to quickly enable the Emoji Keyboard on Chromebook.
How to Get Emojis on Chromebook
1. Click on the time in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. Click on the Settings (gear icon) in the notification center and system tray window to open your Chromebook Settings.
3. Click on Advanced > Languages and Input > Inputs and Keywords
4. Enable the toggle switch next to Show input options on the shelf.
5. Close the settings menu and Click US on the ChromeOS shelf.
Note: If your Chromebook language is other than U.S. English, the input options icon will show different letters.
6. Select the smiley icon (😊) to bring up the emoji keyboard.
The emoji keyboard is easy to use. Just open the keyboard, and tap the emoji icon, now you can choose from hundreds of built-in emoticons and show your emotions in chat.
Also Read: How to unblock websites on school Chromebook
Use Keyboard Shortcuts to Use Emojis on Chromebook
Keyboard shortcuts can save you time because you don’t have to take your hands off the keyboard to use the mouse. To insert an emoji, move the cursor to the text field where you want to add the emoji and click it. Press Search/Launcher + Shift + Space.
Get Emojis on Chromebook Using Mouse/Trackpad (right-click)
This is one of the simplest ways to add emojis to a Chromebook. Use your mouse or trackpad, and move the cursor to the text field where you want to insert the emoji. Right-click the text field, and click emoji.
That’s all folks this was the article on how you can get emojis on your Chromebook by far and the easiest method is to use keyboard shortcuts as well as using the trackpad right-click option to bring emojis.