Apple is known for creating a close ecosystem, controlling all the aspects of user experience. From iOS 11 Apple switched to the new high-efficiency HEIC/HEIF format for photos on iPhone and iPad. HEIC takes up less space and saves your iPhone storage it works great as long as you are using Apple devices. There are times when you need to upload a document to a website but it only supports JPG and you need to convert HEIC photos to JPG here is how to do it.
How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG iPhone and iPad
The easiest method to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG is by using Files App and does not require you to install any third-party apps
Convert HEIC Photos to JPG Using Files App
- Open the Photos app on the iPhone and select HEIC images you want to Convert.Tap the Share icon and choose Copy Photo.
- Now open the Files app and click on iCloud Drive, On My iPhone, etc.
- Tap and hold and click Paste. The HEIC image will be converted to JPEG.
- Now open the converted image in the Files app and click the Share icon. Now click on Save Image to save JPG to the Photos app or share the JPG image via other apps.
Also See: How to Delete iPhone Search History
Convert iPhone Photo to JPG using a third-party app
You will find many third-party apps on the App Store that let you change iPhone Photos to JPG easily. One best free app is HEIC To JPEG. Here’s how to use it.
- Download the HEIC to JPEG from the App Store and open it.
- Now click on select Images and choose one or more iPhone pictures.
- Tap Share as JEPG at the top-right.
- Now, click on Save Image.
Also See: Best iPad 9 Cases and Covers
This is how you can convert HEIC photos to JPG on iPhone and iPad in few easy steps. HEIF stores double the bit color depth at 16-bits compared to JPEG at only 8-bits sadly all apps can’t use the bells and whistles of HEIF, until then you can follow our guide to Convert iPhone Photo to JPG.
Also See: Best Wireless Mouse for iPad