After a long time using your computer’s browser like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will start working slowly. It may take several seconds to load a web page or start creating a formatting issue on sites. This all may happen because you use your browser for a long time and your browser saves the information of the websites to whom you had reached, and due to this lots of information, your browser becomes slow and starts creating these problems and issues. So, to resolve these problems it becomes important to clear the cache and cookies of all sites or some random sites.
So, in this, we will describe to you the easiest way to clear the cookies as well as a cache but there is an easier way to clear your cookies on specific sites or clear the whole thing as well on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. So, let’s get started…
Google Chrome Clear Cache Step by Step
Google Chrome cache is a must to do once in a while. The Chrome cache pre-stores many files like frequently visited web pages and images that take space in your hard drive for faster access if you were to visit the same pages again or pages that have the same components. Having this data in the hard drive could be a privacy concern for some people.
- From the “Menu” 3 dots button in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window, choose “More Tools” > “Clear browsing data…“.
- Press “CTRL” + “Shift” + “Delete” keys in Windows or Linux, or “Command” + “Shift” + “Delete” keys on macOS.
- Select “Menu” > “Settings” > “Advanced” > “Clear browsing data…“.
Also See: How to Install Amazon Kindle on Chromebook
Clear Cache In the Chrome Android app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap More.
- Tap History Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
Clear Cache & Cookies for some Specific Sites
1. If some of your specific sites are not functioning properly and you want to clear the cache & cookies for just that website. So, in that case, you need to click on “Cookies and other site data”.
2. And, scroll towards the bottom and click on “see all cookies inside data” and after this, you can search for the website whose data you want to clear.
3. After the search, just click on that site and it will come up and you can delete any cookies you want to delete for a specific task. And also, you can press the delete icon on the right it will delete all the cookies of that specific site.
How to Clear Cache & Cookies for Mozilla Firefox
1. First of all, open your Firefox and now you need to click on the three lines which are on the top right corner which says “open application menu”. Now, you need to click on the “settings” option.
2. After reaching the settings go to the “privacy and security” and just scroll towards the bottom and you will see an option called “cookies and site data” then just press on “clear data”.
3. And, in the clear data, it will give you an option to delete your cookies or cache or both. Here if you want to delete only cookies then you can choose the “Cookies and Site Data” option.
Method to Clear the Cache & Cookies for Some Specific Sites
1. Now to delete the cookies of a specific website you need to click on the “manage data” option. And here you can search for the website whose data you want to clear.
2. After the search, just click on that site and it will come up and you can delete any cookies you want to delete for a specific task. And also, you can press the delete icon on the right it will delete all the cookies of that specific site.
I hope by clearing cache & cookies from Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox you have successfully fixed any error that you encountered while using browsers on regular basis. Please note after clearing the cache some sites might take some time while loading and they build cookies and cache size for faster access.